Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Next Time You Won't Win

Next time I'll get you
Next time I'll get you down with me
Until you're covered up to your chin
And the last thing you see
Is me smiling

Knowing I won
Knowing I got you

Next time the deal won't go right
The smoke won't settle
The pills will take
The chair won't break
They'll find you sitting on your couch
Waiting for somebody
Who was never gonna show up

Next time, buddy
You won't win

And I know you like tap-dancing on the edge
And I know you got bravado
And I know your mom loves you so much
She thinks she can keep me at bay
Just by shoving you full of her tears

But once you're dried out
You're mine

Do you understand that?

You
Are
Mine

I've already visited you in hospital beds
I got you to code
And it felt like sex
It tasted so good

Next time
We won't be
Decoding
The code

See I'm your fix
But what you don't is
You're my fix too

And I'm not through
Getting my high
Off you

So go ahead, go rehab
Go rehabilitate yourself

But you better rule out a next time
Because next time there's no next time
There's just you and me
In the dark
And me laughing
While you try and find the light

You got away this time, baby
But next time's
All mine

No comments:

Post a Comment