Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Like Your Grammar

You know what I like
About you?

I like your grammar

I like that you never use exclamation points
I like that you never exclaim
That everything is done
With a simple period

I like that you know where to put question marks
When quoting someone
You always tuck your question marks
Neatly into the quotations
Instead of tacking them onto the outside
Making the entire statement a question

I like that you're always there
When they're not there
And that their thoughts on you
Never seem to matter much
You just keep being there

I like that you have the guts
To use a semi-colon
Instead of a flimsy comma

I like that you don't believe
In compound sentences

I like that your sentences
Have a pleasing aesthetic to them

Your paragraphs are like works of art

And when you use an interjection
It riles me up inside

I like your prepositions
And your conjunctions
And all your functions

I like it all

Now I'm just waiting
For you to sit down
And write me something

Using all that grammar
On me

No comments:

Post a Comment