Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pineapple Upside Down Love

You know I love you
Like with a pineapple upside down
Kinda love

Right?

You know I love you so much
I'd fly to San Diego with you
Just to see the zoo

Just to sit next to you
On a plane ride
And do crossword puzzles with you

Killing time with you
Is more like
Giving birth to time

Endless amounts of time
I never knew I had
At my disposal

You know I love
The time we waste

You know that
Right?

I got my sleeves rolled up
And my cuffs are soaking wet
From wading in the water with you
Trying to see how deep into the sea
We can see before it all becomes blue

You know I used to be afraid
Of the undiscovered territory
Of the things I didn't know
Of the very idea
Of baking a pineapple upside down cake

But now the thought of screwing up is fine
Because it reminds me
That it might make you laugh

You know I'd fall on my face
If it could cause a smile
To grace your lips

You know that, right?

You know I'd swim inside your mind
To find the deepest corners
Of what makes you this you
And to see the you's you used to be
And see the potential
The next few years
The years I hope
You'll spend with me

But mostly I love
How you make me know
You make me know
When before I never knew

With everyone else
There was this uncertainty
But with you
I know, and I know I know

And what I don't know
I'll find out
But what I need to know
I know

You know?

You know what I mean?

Of course you do
See?

You know

No comments:

Post a Comment