Monday, March 29, 2010

Bernie Lipman, Casting Agent

Mike?

Bernie Lipman here!

Listen
I'm calling about Shirley

She heard you're doing 'The King and I'
With the Springfield Players
And she wants to play Anna

What do you mean she's too old?

She's forty-nine

Your Grizabella last year
Came with her own coffin!

Mike, how many favors have I done for you, huh?

When you needed little boys for Oliver! last year
Who helped you raid the local junior college?

I want Shirley in that role
And I want her on the poster

...Well, can't you take a photo of her and glue it to the poster?

Uh huh

Okay

Well, I'll talk to her
I can't make any promises
But I'll talk to her

How's Mame going?

Mike, I told you
Stay away from the artsy shows!

I'll call you back
That's Louie on my other line

I'm trying to get him to South Pacific

No, not IN South Pacific
TO South Pacific

It's two o'clock
I'm a travel agent now until five

I'll let you go

Wait! Wait! Wait!

...There's a show called South Pacific?

Anything for Shirley in it?

Uh huh

...Now does the girl he fall in love with HAVE to be Polynesian?

No comments:

Post a Comment