Monday, March 1, 2010

You'll Love Me More

You'll dote on me
Indulge my whims
Swim around in my idiosyncrasies
Tell me I'm perfect
Tell me you'll never
Do better than me

And you'll be right

You'll always feel lucky
And you'll love me more

You'll cherish every second we spend together
And when I feel like doing my own thing
You'll fling away your plans
To stay at home and wait for me
To return to the serendipity of our union
You'll groom constantly
To try to at least remain
Somewhere in my league

And you'll never be

You'll always be doubting
And you'll love me more

You'll walk into a thousand rooms with me
Your shiny trophy complete with a blue ribbon
And a gift certificate for self-confidence

You'll place a thousand name tags on me
'Boyfriend' 'My boyfriend' 'My man' 'My guy'
And never wonder why
They keep falling off

You'll wait around until I leave you
Then date other guys
Who'll never compare

You'll one day get to the place
Where you can lie and say
That I was just a mild infatuation

That I was emotional manipulation and foolish youth
All tied together
In co-dependency

You'll be perfect for me
And I'll just be
Perfect

You'll be lucky

And lucky for me
You'll love me more

No comments:

Post a Comment