Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Walk Me Through Paradise

Show me where you keep the morning
I want to see where you hide it
Behind the olive branches
Or underneath the red stones

Walk me by it
Point it out
And I'll stop
And admire it

Before it fades
Into afternoon

Show me where you keep compassion
I have a feeling it's by the waterfall
Next to the trees that dip down
So that their leaves
Can graze the water

I want to watch
I want to see connection
In between the lines
In between the water
Coming down
Coming down

Show me where you keep forgiveness
Is it over there where the forest clears
Or next to the tigers
Licking their paws?

Is it buried underneath the ground?

How deep would I have to dig
To find it?

Can you tell me?

More than anything
I need to find forgiveness
I think I can find all the other things
On my own

No comments:

Post a Comment