Monday, March 8, 2010

No Mom, I'm Not in Jail

Mom, Mom, Mom
Mom, Mom, Ma
Mom, Mom, Mom

Calm down

I'm not--

No, wait
Just wait
Okay, but--

Mom!

No, don't get Dad
Mom, stop crying
It's okay
I'm not in--

Mom, Mom, Mom

No
No, I'm not
No, I'm--

No Mom, I'm not in jail

I'm in Palermo
I just--

Palermo

Palermo in Italy

I'm in Italy, remember?

Can we establish Italy?
Can we at least recall Italy?
That I was going to Italy
That you knew this
That this was fine
After you started taking the--

Are you off the drugs?

Mom, Mom, Mom

Are you off the--

PALERMO!

No, I have not been kidnapped

Mom, they don't want a ransom
Mom, no--

No

Mom

No ransom
No kidnapping

Yes, I know you have no money

Why are you saying you'll miss me?

You wouldn't try to come up with SOMETHING?

I'm not--

No, but if I was--

MOM!

PALERMO!

Can you just fax me my itinerary?

Mom, my itinerary--

No, 'Itinerary' is not a town in Italy--

No, no, it's not
It's not, Mom
Mom, it's not
It's not, it's not
Mom, Mom

I'm in Palermo

No, not a JAIL in Palermo

Just Palermo

In a villa
I'm in a villa
A villa like a villa
What do you think villa--

No, villa does not mean jail in Italian

Look, there's a fax machine here
A fax machine
And I need you to fax me
My itinerary

Can you do that?
Can you--

No, don't make Dad come home from work
You have a fax machine in the house
The itinerary is my room
Just FAX IT TO ME!

. . . . .

Okay

Okay

Okay

Thank you

Yes, I have my bottled water

No, no political coups yet
But I have my fingers crossed

Yes

Yes

Yes

I love you, too

Yes, I'm sure I'm in jail

I'm hanging up now

I'm--

I'm hanging--

Yup, I'm--

Okay--

Wait, who's that?

Did you just conference call Dad?
Have you been conference calling Dad
While we've been--

JESUS!

...Hi Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment