Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Sideways Turtle

I went to a costume ball
Looking for an identity crisis

I found Cleopatra
Crying by the punch
Trying to decipher
Why her Antony
Was making out
With a Kneecap named Katie

I wound up talking
To a really cool guy
Dressed like a sideways turtle
And we crept outside
To ride out the party
On a patio
With two hoes and a shovel

He was going to take me home
But we wound up in a coat room
Where we tried on different outerwear
To see what attire
Would make us admire each other
And maybe care a little more

I put on a pea coat
And became a college professor
While he put on a fur
And purred at me
Like a mistress

I undressed him on a winter jacket
And we boxed ourselves in like a packed lunch

Waiting for the party to end
So our masks could come off

No comments:

Post a Comment