Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Surprise Party for Caesar

Oh my goodness!

Everyone's here

How odd
Considering the only thing we're voting on today
Is an increase in taxing sheep herders

I wonder if perhaps
There's another reason
You've all decided
To scurry me away
Into this portico

Could it be...

A surprise party
To celebrate
My becoming dictator supreme?

Ohhh you devils!

You know I hate surprises!

Casca, you can stop making that face
I know you hate having your plans ruined
But don't blame yourself
I'm very hard to surprise

I mean, look at Brutus
He's wearing his purple toga
He only wears that when he's going to surprise someone
Or he plans on assassinating one of his friends

How could I NOT figure out what was going on?

Good job coming up with that fake petition, Cimber

Recall exiling my brother--Ha!

That was the best you could do?

It doesn't even look like a real petition

Plus, you know I'd only recall the exile
Over my dead body--Hahaha!

Why aren't any of you laughing?

How dare you not laugh at my jokes!

Did you not find it funny, Casca?
And you, Brutus?

Well, I can't expect you all
To understand my elevated humor
When you spend your free time
Painting the faces of the gods on your chest
Using the nipples as eyes

Incidentally, Gaius
I don't believe Poseidon's eyes
Are QUITE that large

Say, where's Marc Antony?

Shouldn't he be here for the party?

Did you not invite him?

Men, I know you're not fond of him
But he's my friend

When YOU'RE dictators
Then you can have whomever you like
At your surprise party
But today is my party
And I want--

Well, wait a minute
Don't take out your daggers yet
I want to get a good look at the cake
Before you start cutting into it

That's the one problem with this Senate
Always making rash decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment