Monday, March 29, 2010

Maybe I Screwed Him Up

Maybe I screwed him up too bad
Maybe I should have bought him a plane ticket
Maybe I should have returned more calls
Maybe I could have forced him down and made him change
Maybe I could have hugged the hell right out of him

Maybe I could have told him more
Maybe I should have said less

Maybe I should have flown to see him
Maybe I should have given him money
Maybe I enabled him
Maybe I let him think I hated him
Maybe I blew it

Maybe I let him go
Maybe I held on too long
Maybe I smothered him
Maybe I deserted him
Maybe I broke his spirit

Maybe I let all the bad stuff in
Maybe I didn't fight for him
Maybe I never tried hard enough
Maybe I never tried at all
Maybe I let him go out too much
Maybe I dropped the ball too many times

Maybe I screwed him up

Maybe I did
Maybe I did
Maybe I did
Maybe I did
Maybe I did
Maybe I did

Maybe I did

Maybe

Maybe

Maybe

Maybe

And I don't know when
But at some point
I stopped wishing for him back
Because I knew how ridiculous it was
To wish for him back
When I didn't even know
Why he left in the first place

Now all I wish
Is to know

Is to know
If I did it

If it was me

If I screwed him up
If it was my fault

I just wish
I knew

No comments:

Post a Comment