Tuesday, March 9, 2010

If These Shoes Could Speak

If these shoes could speak
They would talk about the party
Where they walked on marble
Making loud clicking noises
Like an important woman
Like a f**king celebrity
Like that, like yeah

If they could speak
They'd say get out of my way
I'm going down carpet now
I'm traveling to Marketing
To fire someone
Just because I can
Just because I want to
Just because it's Monday
Just 'cause, just cause?

Not so much

If they could speak
They'd speak from the heel
And let the tongue roll down
To the toes
To the good stuff
To the bitch
To the filth
To the f**king amazement
Of everyone they walk by

If they could speak
They'd ask for dry rock salt
And sandstone and cobalt
And crazy eights
And cacophony
And cherry red lace lingerie
And a man with a name
That begins with an "R"

If they could speak
They would speak
But they don't
For a reason

Because if these shoes could speak
I doubt you'd want to hear
What they have to say

No comments:

Post a Comment