Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Can See a Solar System

I can see a solar system

I can see my dog, Chaz
Sliding around on comets
And complaining
That the cats up there
Have even longer claws

I can see Topeka
And Raleigh
And Tallahassee
And Des Moines

I can see fractions
Dividing into decimals
Turning into criss cross
Turning into over and under
Turning into my cousin
Who takes Algebra
Seven years early

I can see Sacramento
I can see Honolulu
I can see Austin
I can see Providence
I can see Albany

I can see the planets
And I can see Pluto
And Pluto's not a planet
And I can see the others
And I can count rings on Saturn
And my uncle lives there
And he's tanned all the time
And it's cold in Canada
And nobody loves him

I can see paste and glue
I can see crayons
I can see olive
I can see gray
I can see mauve
I can see pastels
I can see primaries
I can see expensive interiors

Indianapolis
Atlanta
Baton Rouge

I can see the world
And I can see around the world
And I can see the rocks and salt
And everything
And all of it
And the world

I can see a solar system

And it's a lot

It's a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment