Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gonna Go Dancing in the Rain

-- A riff on the quote I posted --

"Gonna Go Dancing in the Rain"

I'm not gonna sit at home all night
I'd rather see fire escapes tonight
I can see marquees all over town
Still saying shows are playing

I'm not gonna run towards foreign suns
I'd rather be wrapped up in the rain
Drying off feels like dying off
I wanna go dancing in the rain
I'm gonna go dancing in the rain

Everywhere there's people
Acting like
The world's coming to
An end
Outside

I'll ride it out on a subway train
Towards an altogether better place

And whether the weather
Warms me up
I can still stay up
Too late

I can see the world
Getting fresh again
Refresh myself
Off the shelf again

I'm gonna go
Dancing

I'm gonna go dancing in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment