Monday, March 29, 2010

The Body of the Man You Love

I wish I could spend a day
In the body
Of the man
You love

I wish I could see you
Seeing him
Thinking
You're seeing me

I wish I could watch you
Make him dinner
And kiss the spot
Above his eyelids
And feel the glue
That holds you to him

Pretending it's holding
You to me

I want to see what it looks like
From where he is
From where he's standing
From where he's understanding
Or maybe not

I want to play games in his body
Make haste in his body
Feeling the leisure of knowing
You're not going anywhere

I want to look at other women
Want to be with other women
Because I already have you

I want to have that relief
Of not thinking
That it's you
It's only you
And I can't have you

I want to be confident
And charismatic
And have big arms
And a strong jawline
And a smile that convinces beautiful women
That I'm a winner

I'm a winner

I'll take that body
And your body
And sex won't be something
That I can only create in my head

I'll make it an active body
A body of soft approach
And aggressive affection

I'll put it to good use
And all the good
Will go towards you

And maybe I'll look at myself
And believe it
Not in it, but just...it

Just believe that I'm really there

Maybe instead I'll see you
Look like you wish you could look
Right at me

No comments:

Post a Comment