Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm Gonna Make It Hard

I'm gonna make it hard
To let me go

I'm gonna remind you
Remind you
Constantly

Like a thumbtack
Pinning a photo down
To a cork board
Staring back at you

You down on the bed
With your arms splayed out
Reaching towards the window
I remember you
Reaching towards the window

What was there?
What was out there?
What were you looking for out there?

Do you not want to hear how much I'm dying?
Do you not want to know that I'm lying in that same bed
But I can't see light heading out of the window
If the headlights don't hit it just the right way

Should I have stayed all those times when I went to work?
Why am I a jerk for not letting go
When my fingers are trained
To hold on so tight

Can you see light?
I can't

So instead I'll keep my fingers
Right where they are

And I'll make it hard
I'll make it so hard
To let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment