Saturday, May 8, 2010

Can't You Tell I'm Lying?

Can't you feel me push
When I'm trying to stay

Can't you hear my voice crack
When I say go away

Can't you see my eyes beg
Can't you hear my hands plea
Can't you remember the signs
That mean I'm saying things I don't mean

Can't you tell I'm lying?
Can't you tell I'm being brave?

Can't you sense there's a fool
Standing in front of your face

Can't you just forget
What I'm asking you to do

Can't you just assume
That nothing left is true

Can't you dance one more dance
Can't you play one more song
Can't you silence my lips
When I say it's all wrong

Can't you tell I'm lying
Don't you know I'm making it up?

Can't you push me back
Can't you make your voice crack
Can't you make feel better
About how bad this all is

Can't you slow down time
Can't you speed me down

Can't you hear the whispers
Coming from all over town

Can't you tell I'm lying
When I say I don't want you
Don't believe me
I'm lying

You can tell
'Cause it sounds
Just like the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment