Sunday, May 9, 2010

Did I Start Too Late?

Did I start out too late
Because I wasn't a prodigy
Because I didn't write my first symphony
At age ten, eleven

Should I have been seven when I wrote my first work
Am I just like every other jerk who didn't know
When to call it quits?

How much energy will I need
To keep myself going
Until progress is showing itself?

Did I forget to send in the clowns?
Did I spend too much time fooling around
Not grounding myself
And focusing
On being
Productive?

Did I make too many mistakes
In too short a time?

Is everything I do now
Just an elongated footnote?

Did I gloat about crumbs
And scraps
And frosting

Have I been exhausting myself
When really I should be shelving any attempt
At being remembered?

The worst part is I'll have to wait
To find out if I started
Too late

No comments:

Post a Comment