Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pick an Ear

The money was supposed to be here at five
It's now five thirty
No money

Now

What did I say would happen
If the money wasn't here by five?

I even gave you a thirty minute grace period
And still no ransom money
That's thirty minutes of my life
I'm never getting back, Walter

So now I have to take something of yours
Like you took my thirty minutes

So I'm taking an ear

Now, I'm not heartless
So I'll let you pick which ear it is

Personally, I think the left one is nicer
But it's really your call

Now don't start to cry
This isn't my fault

Maybe if your wife loved you more
She would have gotten the money here by now

Maybe if you sounded more panicked
In that phone call I let you make
Or looked more beat up
In that photo I took of you to send to your wife
We wouldn't be having this conversation right now

So--

Do you want me to cut from the lobe up
Or from the cartilage across
Or--

Ugh! Stop screaming for help!
Hello! Look around!
Windowless room!

Do you think this is the first time I've kidnapped someone?
Give me a little credit

Pull yourself together
Have a little dignity

I haven't even figured out
Which knife I'm going to use yet
And the screaming--ugh
You're killing me, Walter

Hahaha--That's sort of ironic--Hahaha

All right, let's Van Gogh you, shall we?

Pretty soon, it'll be six o'clock

--And you know what happens then...

No comments:

Post a Comment