Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'll Let You Say You Love Me

I'm not breathing right
I'm not holding my breath
I'm not dying to know
I'm not living
Or trying to
Be better than I am right now

You're not who I expected
You're not who I considered
You're not who was supposed to show up
But since you're here
Have a seat

I'll let you wrap around me
I'll let you whisper softly
I'll let you tell me secrets
I'll let you be my eighties ballroom

You can interrupt my party
You can play me gently
You can dance them all away
While I stay, stay, stay

And I'll be so good
I'll be nice and surprised
Realize that I am flawed
And I am thawing
And I am clawing my way
Back to normalcy

You're not the man I wanted
But you're more than I expected
I'll let you be
I'll let you be

The man he couldn't be

I'll let you say you love me
I'll let you make it happen
I'll let you make commitments

I'll even commit to you

I'll be so sad
When I accept that he's not coming
But still I'll stay with you

And I'll never be alone
And I'll never be afraid
And I'll never be made
To wait, wait, wait

I'll let you say you love me

As long as you don't ask me
As long as you don't ask
As long as you don't
As long as you
As long as

As long as you don't expect me
To live up to expectations

Then I'll pleasantly surprise you
And who knows
I might just love you

Only one way
To find out

No comments:

Post a Comment