Monday, May 3, 2010

Ginger at the D.M.V.

Bobby, lemme ask you somethin'

How come we always gotta come
To this crumby place?

Can't one of your guys
Renew your license for ya?

So they can bash guys over the head
With a wrench but they can't stop at the DMV and--

I know, I know
I ain't supposta talk about it

I don't know nothin'
I don't know nothin'

I'm just sayin'
Sometimes they do stuff for ya
So's we can do fun stuff
Like go to the Congo
And have a coupla drinks or somethin'

Bobby, I know it's three o'clock
But usually I ain't up this early

I had to wear my sunglasses
On account-a it was so bright out
And now all these DMV creeps
Are going to think I'm blind
And try ta take advantage of me
While you're off gettin' your license photo taken

WATCH IT, BUDDY!

Did you see that?
He just tried to touch my fur coat!

Who cares if it's July, Bobby?
I ain't goin' out without my mink!
I'm a lady, goddammit!

You sure they don't serve booze here?

Of all the places they should serve booze
THIS should be the place

You should do that, Bobby
You should figure out a way
To open a bar in here

You'd make a killing

Maybe then you could save up enough money
To give me that wedding at the Plaza
Like I've been asking for
All these years

You know, a girl like me ain't gonna wait around forever

Especially if you keep dragging me
To do all your errands with you

I know times are tough
But you still got Mickey and Sal, don't you?

Couldn't one of them have run to get your dry-cleaning yesterday?
Or your package at the post office?
Or take your mother to her doctor's appointment?

She don't like me, Bobby
I can tell

Ginger St. Mille knows when she ain't liked
And that old sack of screws
Don't like me

Well she ain't comin' to our weddin'
And I don't care if she is your mother

Bobby, gimme a hundred bucks
I wanna get some candy out of the vending machine

Well, I MIGHT not need the whole hundred
But ya never know

Snickers are expensive, nowadays

You wouldn't want me going hungry, would ya?

I get cranky when I'm hungry, Bobby
You know that

You don't want your little Ginger Snap getting cranky, do ya?

Do ya?
Huh?
Huh?
Do ya?
Huh?
Do ya?
Huh?
Do ya?

OKAY!

You don't gotta shout at me
In front of all the riff raff in here!

They're going to think we're nuts or somethin'!

Why can't you just give me the hundred and--

Thank you, Bobby.

I'll be back in a jiff

Just gotta stop by the ladies' room
Before I get my candy

A girl's gotta keep up appearances
No matter where she is

No comments:

Post a Comment