Monday, May 31, 2010

Keep an Eye on Him

I'd keep an eye on him
Before you pack up the moving van
And sail away to a better place
Where you assume
You can rest safe
That your boyfriend's head
Is gonna stay on you
And not wind up in my bed

You'd better make sure
That he's in love with you
And not in love with having you
Because when he doesn't have you
An idea of you might not be enough

If I were you
I'd do some thinking
And wonder whether
He's strong enough
To resist all the flirting
And flaunting and taunting
And temptation
That I'm expecting
To be projecting on him

Because a man is a man
And a boy is a boy
And baby, you'll be a country away
And distance never did relationship
Any favors

So if I were you
I'd cancel that plane ticket
I'd unpack the boxes
I'd take stock of who I'm dating
And stop taking photos
To remember him by

I'd either let go of the guy
Or I'd keep my eye on him

No comments:

Post a Comment