Saturday, December 26, 2009

It Could Have Been a Year

It could have been a year already
And a good year too
It could have been our first Christmas
Our first New Year's Eve kiss
As a couple
And two months away
From our second Valentine's day

Isn't that funny?
It could have been a year

If I'd have been brave
It could have been fulfilling
These past twelve months
Almost having you
And losing you
And not being able
To say I needed you to stay

I could have fallen asleep next to you
And woken up with your arms around me
And prepared for the day
For every day
Knowing I'd be coming home to you

It could have been a better year
It could have been a giddier Halloween
It could have been a longer Fall
It could have been a shorter winter
I could have had a better birthday
I could have been a better person

It could have been a better year
If it had been a year with you

You don't get many years
And even though tomorrow
I could find you again
I could be bold and put my foot down
And say I want you
I want you back

We still can't have this year again
We'll never have this year

And it could have really been something
It could have been a damn good year

No comments:

Post a Comment