Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Sweet Abandon

Toss up my hands
Hair in the air
Like a wind-swept victim
Of a joyful streak

Massacre
In the sweet abandon

All my guards
Were caught off-guard
All my satisfactions
Became bad habits
When you came around

Gotta get my roller coaster life
Back on track
And stack the odds
Against you

Because you'll trick me into love
And I wanna get tricked
And I wanna get picked
To ride alongside you
The whole way through

I wanna fly off the handle
And fly to the moon
Come back soon before you slip away
In a blue prom dress
From yesterday

I want to waste my time
In the sweet abandon

Can't I fall off of your balcony
To see if I can land
In the hands of a fate
That came late to me
But which got here all the same

I want to taste abandon
I want to state my case
I want to condemn myself
To be your sentence

Let me waste my time
Please let me waste my time
Here inside
The sweet abandon

No comments:

Post a Comment