Friday, December 18, 2009

Mirror Kisses

It can snow all day
Because I want to stay in
I want to play Scrabble
I want to watch movies
I want to tickle you
Until you make that balloon face
Until you get all red
And fall off the bed
Taking me with you

And I'll go with you
I'll fall right down there with you
Right onto the bedroom carpet

We can roll underneath the bed
And around the dresser
And stand up in front of the mirror
And kiss each other with our eyes open
Me looking at me kissing you
And you looking at you kissing me
And sideways
So that we're a wall of each other
And kissing
And insanity
And snow coming down
From the window outside

I'll stay in and make pot roast for you
Because I know you like it
But I'll wait until you're in the shower
And I'll tell you that I'm making french toast
Which I know you don't really like
So that when you're out of the shower
You'll smell pot roast
And know I was teasing you
And you'll take off your towel
And swat me with it
And I'll chase you back into the bedroom
And get you on the bed
And tickle you to balloon face
And we'll fall off the bed
And start all over again
With the mirror kisses
And the snow

I'll fix all the lamps
Change the light bulbs
Clean the hall closet out

I'll put on the giant trench coat
That came with the apartment
And walk around quoting The Thin Man
And take your hands
Claiming I need to fingerprint you

I'll press your fingertips
Against my chest
Against my cheek
Against my lips

Fingertips on lips
And you'll smile
The smile the spreads
Across your face
Like milk across a kitchen floor

And the same way you wonder
How so little milk can go so far
I'll wonder how so much happiness
Can creep across one face
And spread out into me
And my face
And onto my lips
Underneath your fingertips

I'll read every book in the bookcase out loud to you
Rolling my 'r's and hitting hard 't's
And then put opera on the stereo
And sing with a Norse helmet on
That I have from last Halloween

Making you laugh
Is like sugared strawberries
In a bright pink bowl

It's silly and sexy
And I like it in summer
But here in a snowed in apartment
It reminds me of July
And it is cooling
And yet warming
And, of course, welcome

I hope we get trapped here for weeks
So I can go through you like a dictionary
Looking for a word I can't remember
And stumbling over beautiful syllables
All the way to 'Z'

And every time I find a word I don't know
I'll tickle you to get the definition of it
Out of you

Because you know all the words
You know what everything means
You give the best example sentences
Of anyone I've ever met

And I can give you mirror kisses
Reflecting reflections
Off the mirror surface
And the white snow
And your eyes
And my hands
On your body
And a room that never ends
Matching a room that never ends

And two people in love
Turning into four people
And more people

And somewhere
Just outside
There's snow

No comments:

Post a Comment