Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Not That Kind of Music

It's a deep soul travesty
The way it all happened

One day you're stuck on level seven
When the drop box kicks on
And you're left standing there
On a down-going elevator

While the bombs
Bomb away
At the kitchen counters

He left...

It wasn't what I was thinking of
It wasn't centered or equalified
I didn't plan on it
And when he nailed me down
I still thought I could levitate

That's how heavy he was
Sitting there on my favorite chair

Trying to work me over
Trying to work my mind over
Trying to get me high

I wrote some songs about it
About the color of his bruises
And how much he stole from me
And where I think he's hiding now

The songs are all right
They're decent

But they're not those kind of songs
They're not that kind of music

No comments:

Post a Comment