Friday, December 4, 2009

I've Seen It All Before

I've seen the streamers
And the ticker tape fall
On the ground
When the crowds were gone

I've been impressed
But I'm not impressed now
You're just a sentence
Without a verb

Cause you talk
Cause you act
Like you think I'll be fooled

Go ahead
Pull another rabbit
Out of your hat

I've seen it done
And I've seen it done better
I've seen it all before

I've seen your sorrys
I've seen your soirees

I've seen your good-byes
I gotta say
I like the latter more

I've heard you whisper
All the poems I can handle
You're just a dance
Without a beat

I could trust you
I could trap myself in you
I could catch myself
I could pretend
That it's new to me

But I've seen it all
And I'm blind to its shine
My mind's made up
I'm not going to see you

Anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment