Monday, December 14, 2009

Super Blazer Lemon Love

We have super blazer lemon love
We have three lemons
Stacked next to an empty pitcher
Of ice cold lemonade
On a hot July day

We have superhero Halloween costumes
Thrown on the floor
In front of our makeshift camp tent
Constructed in our attic
After returning from parties
Thrown by our friends

She is Destructo Girl
And I am Karate Man

We live in a fortress
Made of old moving boxes
And my mother's wedding dress

I wear a blazer to her house
When I ask her Dad
For her hand in marriage
And I tell him that once I am out of kindergarten
I plan on becoming a zookeeper, baker, and movie star

He tells me that with such a lofty future ahead of me
He cannot refuse my offer
To take his daughter's hand in marriage

But, he asks--

With so many occupations
How will I have time
For my wife, his daughter?

And I tell him that we own our own zoo
And that next to the elephants
There will be a bakery
Where I will bake
And I'll do movies only on Thursdays
Which is when my wife will take naps

He tells me I have it all figured out
And allows me to proceed into the house
Where my wife is making lemonade with her mother

In less than an hour
A wedding is constructed
Much like the attic tent
In the backyard
Of my in-laws' house

It is a simple ceremony
For we are simple people
With a simple love

It is not a hard love
And it does not make us cry
Like the love we see
On the television

It is the best love ever
Because it is super blazer lemon love

And it will last forever

No comments:

Post a Comment