Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Went Fishing for Boys And Got Caught with a Man

I was looking for a smile
And a nice pair of arms
Maybe some charms
Along with a disarming way
To make me do what he says

I was looking Friday night love affair
Two glasses of wine to share and send home
Alone for the rest of the weekend

And when he came along
He wasn't part of the plan
Went fishing for boys
And got caught with a man

I didn't need someone to hold me
Or unfold all my layers
Or fall into traps
That I knew all too well
Spell my name in the sand
With a piece of beach drift
And shift my perception
Or detect my deceptions
When I say that I'm busy
And I'm really just bored

Didn't want to store up
All my problems to unleash them
And try to please someone
Who wanted more than fun
From someone like me

When he came along
All I wanted was a tan
Went fishing for boys
And got caught with a man

Now he won't go away
And he won't listen to 'No'
And no matter what I say
He says he's sticking around

And I'm picking my battles
But I've lost the war
The chores are all done
And the fun's given way
To some stuff I didn't demand

Didn't catch any boys
But I caught a good man

No comments:

Post a Comment