Monday, December 28, 2009

Play Always On My Mind

Dean, hit the jukebox
Hit the jukebox, not the booze
And maybe I'll dance with you
And maybe I won't

But you'll have a better shot
If you play 'Always On My Mind'

Can't seem to sit still
When that song plays

I hear Willie Nelson
And I just want to have a man
Wrap his arms around me
And press his breath
Against my ear

No Dean, I'm not going home with you
One night when you're sober I might
But you're already calling me two different names
And you're wearing your cap backwards
And that's how I know I'm going home alone

Don't know why a man can't love me
More than he loves his vices
But I guess that's just my cross to bear

Still, I don't see nothing wrong with a dance
Oh, I know you're going to step on my toes
And you're going to smell like beer
And you're going to grab a little too hard

But I know you don't mean any harm
And I know you're just weak
And I know I should love a stronger man
But when you dance with me
I feel the weight of you
Resting on my shoulders
And I don't mind it
I really don't mind it at all

So go on, Dean
G7--Good Old Mr. Nelson
I'll even loan you the nickel
Although I guess I can't call it a loan

Just pop it in the jukebox
And come dance with your girl

Yeah, tonight I'm your girl
Until they close this place down
Then I'm just me again
Just going home alone

But if you play 'Always On My Mind'
For that one dance
I'll be your girl
And you can be my guy

And we'll be good together
Until that nickel's spent

No comments:

Post a Comment