Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bacon and Eggs

The thing is
Bacon and eggs
Ain't nothing
But it ain't nothing special either

So he's offering
Bacon and eggs
And another guy's offering
A long drawn-out dinner
That I'm not sure I want

A crockpot meal
That'll take forever
And might not even be all that good
Once all is said and done

And we live in a nice place
In a bad neighborhood
That the local kids call the Badlands

The guy below me is a gigolo
Who I called up one night
Just to see if he'd be for hire
And how much he'd charge
Someone like me

Turns out I could afford him
And that was the saddest part of all

I can afford him
And bacon and eggs
But not a crockpot
And not whatever would need to go in it
And not the time it takes
To wait
For something you want

It's unfortunate
But what isn't, right?

I mean--what the hell isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment