Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Carson Daly Wonders What It Must Be Like to Be Interesting

It's really cool because
You know, it's cool to
You know, think about
You know, people who
I mean, I don't think
I mean, I'm sure some people are
I mean, I'm so grateful
That like, someone looked at me
And was like, this person
Has the potential
To be completely
Totally
Inoffensive

I mean, that's such a huge compliment
Unless you think about what it really means
And then it's not

But I mean, for a long time
I was really the best person ever
At having absolutely no legitimate opinion about anything

I mean, I had the best non-opinion of all-time
Ever in history
And if that counted for anything
I think it would really be something
I could be proud of

But you know, I think of, like
People who are
You know
Interesting
And I sort of wonder
What that would be like

To like, think about stuff
And then, like, come up with your own stuff
That you think
About what you thought about
I mean, think about that

I mean, for a long time
My job was to just stand next to interesting people
And not say anything
That might upset them

And now, like, I sort of stand...off to the side of interesting people
And occasionally talk to them
And say nice things sometimes
Like, when I'm allowed to
But other than that
I'm not really allowed to, like, engage with them

Man, just that word, like, gives me chills
Like--engage

It's like converse or discuss

It just...

It's like--

What's that like, you know?

I can't even--

Wow

Just...

What's that like?

No comments:

Post a Comment