Monday, September 17, 2012

What Am I Waiting For?

...You know they offer me this trip
This trip to London
And everyone's like
OhmygodLondon!  You have to go
And I'm thinking
I can't go
How'm I gonna go?
I have a job
I have family
Friends
You know
Responsibilities
Or something
I tell myself
I say--What am I going to do in London?
As if I'm doing something here
And that's the thing, you know
You tell yourself
I have things
I have things that prevent me from doing what I want to do
When really
If I think about it
I don't
Because all my things
Connect me to people
I mean, we're not obligated
To jobs or things
Just people
And all my, you know, people
Were telling me to go
And I was still saying--No, no, can't, can't do it
And then finally, one day
I'm driving home
From just, you know, being out
With people I--
Who are nice
And I'm happybutimreallynotbecausethingsarejust eh, you know?
And I just, there's this part of me that...just wants to keep driving
Just go--I don't know
Do something
With myself
You know?
And I just thought--What am I waiting for?
Some divine message?
I had people who loved me, cared about me
Saying--Go for it!
What's more divine than that?
And I kept waiting
And waiting
Until finally I thought
Why?
What am I waiting for, you know?
So I did it
I left
I was still scared
But I was more irritated by waiting
Than I was scared of leaving
And so I left

And then what happened?

Well, that's what happens next, you know

Everything you do
If you're scared to do it
Just tell yourself
It'll be the next thing
Don't worry about it now
Don't try to plan it out

Just thing about the step you're on

Everything else
Happens next

No comments:

Post a Comment