Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pull

You gonna pull first?

You pull first
You're getting shot
And you know that
So I don't know
Why you'd pull first
Unless maybe you're stupid
And I ain't shot any stupid people lately
So I wouldn't mind freshening up my, uh--
Well, screw, see--I was trying to be clever
But you gotta be fast to be clever
And I guess I'm not as clever as all that

But here's where I'm smart

I'm smart at aiming
I'm smart at spacing
And I'm smart as hell when it comes to odds
And we both know the odds here for you ain't that good

You want a drink?
Have a drink
It's too early in the evening
For anybody to be sober

Can I ask what you did?

Sir, I don't ask why I'm told to do
What it is I'm good at
I just show up
And do it

But sometimes I feel a little generous
As far as time goes

Don't mistake me
I'm going to kill you
But how many breaths you take on this planet
Before you got two bullets in your chest
Is entirely up to you

Lucky for you, I'm a curious guy
And somebody paid big money
To see that you were taken care of
So if you wanna tell me a story
I'll let you make it long and detailed
And you can buy yourself as much time as you want
Until I have to send you packing

Now, c'mon, spill it
Who'd you piss off?
Who doesn't like you?
Whose daughter did you screw?

Why you looking at me funny?
Did I tell a joke
And I just don't know it
Because usually at this point
The person I'm aiming my gun at
Is already going through the first three stages of grief
And I...

Why don't you look nervous, huh?

Huh?

You know something
I don't know?

No comments:

Post a Comment