Thursday, September 27, 2012

Badlands

We live in the Badlands
Where the gunshots
Don't scare us
As much as the sounds of wolves
Who know how to open doors

Medieval torture devices
Making modern-day comebacks

Challenges
Set forth
Quests
For grails
We honestly
Don't give a shit about

Dads not calling
Moms not caring
Grandmas raising
Everybody praying

This reminds me of a Sunday
Where I slept in
And when I woke up
It still wasn't payday

This is a summer Badlands
With concrete
Palo Alto kinda bullshit
Story she gave me
About where she
Was supposed to be
Last night

Imagine how thrilled I'd be
To digest this dust
And not give a shit
But it's not in the cards, see?

It's not the destiny
Laid out
Before me

You hear a clock
You hear a gunshot
You hear your life
Stop
Slowly
Ready
Here we go

People say I always write about time
I say I always write about clocks
The objectification
Of an incomprehensible thing

So when you run out
The dust keeps going

That's time for you

Rolling out
In the Badlands

No comments:

Post a Comment