Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What Are You Going to Teach Me?

I guess I'm wondering
What you're going to teach me

You going to teach me
How to feel ashamed?

Because I'll save you some time
I already know all about that

You're not the first man with lascivious intentions
To cross my path, Mr. Heller

You're not the first person
That's gotten an apple from me

Placed delicately onto a nice, stained oak desk
Given with a smile, with an invitation

And of course, eventually
A rendezvous is suggested

Some extra tutoring
A mature adult taking an interest in me

And of course, I feel grateful
And of course, I'm misguided

I'm a troubled youth
In need of a strong hand
To show me the way

Then you come along
Or, one of you
Someone like you, Mr. Heller

And suddenly, things are looking up
I've got someone watching out for me
Someone with a nice, stained desk
That I can sit on
Anytime I want

But of course there are conditions
Is that what you're going to teach me?
That there are conditions on things?

Because unfortunately
That's something else I already knew

And I know about consequences
And I know about risk
And I know that you're the one taking the risk
And I know that if the risk gets too risky
You're the one suffering the consequences

I mean, think about it, Mr. Heller
What would they do to me?

Send me to another school?
Send me to Europe?
Cloister me?

Let's be realistic about this

Now, here's the thing:

I'm game
I'm game for whatever you're game for, Mr. Heller

But let's just make sure
We're clear on where we are

You're the one rolling the dice here
And I'm just along for the ride

And as far as teaching goes

I think you're going to be surprised to learn
That there are a few things
I could teach you

No comments:

Post a Comment