Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dangerous Games

You should know I'm like gasoline
Not orange juice
Not lemonade
Not milk, not water
I exacerbate, I instigate
I make things worse than they are
And then I sit back and use what I started
To light my cigarettes
It's just how it is, you know?
I like playing dangerous games

How many fights do you think I can start?
Keep in mind I don't care if I win
Some people fight to win
And some people fight to fight
And I fight just to see
How much damage I can do
Before my fingers start to bleed
If you worry about losing you lose all the fun
That's how you play dangerous games

I sleep way too much
Think things over too much
Except when I speak
I let my anger talk first
Watch it land like a rock

And make a game out of seeing
What's the worst I could say
You find out pretty fast that words are a dangerous game

So give me your tips
And I'll tell you my tricks
At least the ones I know you can't do
I've done worse than I remember
But I've never hurt anybody
Quite like you
You're interested, aren't you--in my dangerous games

See, that's always the thing
I meet somebody nice
And they want to change me
But when I won't let them save me
They ask for something else
They start to play dangerous games

So, sure we can play
And I'm sure you think you can win
Because I'm going to love you, aren't I?
You're going to be the guy who changes my mind
And makes me forfeit my dangerous games

But see, here's how I win
And I can tell you this and still win
I let you think you've changed me
That I'm done with my dangerous games

Then I flip my skin
And show my ace
And that's when you learn the key to dangerous games

And that's this
This is what you need to know about dangerous games

Nobody wins dangerous games

No comments:

Post a Comment