Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Out for a Soda

I thought that it was cute
You, asking me out
For a soda

Like, who the fuck
Asks anybody out
For a soda anymore, you know?

It was cute
It was cute of you to do
To ask me out like that

Really, I found it adorable

I liked it

But the thing is

I don't like you
Like that
Okay?

I mean, I like you
You're cool
But I don't--

You know, I got Brody
And he's a dick, you know
But he's mine

I got claim to him
I picked him, you know?

He didn't pick me

I mean, he would have
He'd have to be an idiot not to
But he didn't

I looked at him
I said 'Okay'
And that was it

And now he's in North Addy
With some girl
And you think I don't know
That he is

That's funny
'Cause even he knows
I know
What he's up to

And both you and him
Think it's gonna change something

And it's not

It's not gonna change a thing

Because, see
Some people think
That until they have a ring on their finger
They can do what they want

They can misbehave
They can screw around
They can act like the fact that they picked
Or that they were picked
Don't mean anything

But I don't see it that way

I say once you've picked
You're committed

Once you look at someone
And say--

Yeah, let's go for this ride

You're not done
Until the ride is

And my ride with Brody
It ain't done yet

So he can make all the pit stops he wants
And I'll come here and have soda with you
And that's fine

But I'm seeing this thing through to the end
Because that was my choice

That was what I wanted

But you're cute, you know?

You're very cute

And if I needed a pit stop
I'd let you change all my tires

But I'm good, you know?

I mean, do I like what I know?

No, but I'm glad to know it
Glad I'm not one of those fools
Who thinks they're gonna wind up
With somebody perfect

I know who I'm gonna wind up with

But in the meantime
I'm here with you

Not a bad place to be, right?

Out having a soda
With a guy who likes you

I mean, if you think about it

There's a lotta worse places
You could be

No comments:

Post a Comment