Monday, December 5, 2011

Nothing Means Anything

Look, you seem nice and all
But, I'm a little disturbed by the fact
That you act as if you just suddenly
Became a member of society yesterday
What with this set of expectations
That, to me, and, I would venture to say
To a lot of people
Would seem
A little
Outrageous

I mean, you're still going by the--

First date we do this
Second date we do this
We kiss here
We fuck there
We fall in love here

And that's not the way it works anymore, okay?

I mean, at least, not for us, you know?
Like, not for guys

I mean, we're not girls, right?
Am I right?
I mean, isn't that the nice thing about not liking girls
Or, like, dealing with girls

That, like, with girls
And I love girls, by the way, but like, with girls
Everything always has to mean something
And, like, with guys
Nothing means anything

You know, like, to a girl
If you sleep with someone on the first date
Then nothing's happening as a result of that
That, whatever that is, is not going anywhere

Whereas, like, I dated someone for six years
Who I not only slept with on the first date
But who I met because we had a threeway
With this surfer from Santa Barbara
After smoking pot all night
And watching Blood Diamond
Which, by the way, is a really good movie
If you're stoned out of your fucking mind

Point is--six years with that guy
With a 'How We Met' story
That sounds like something
Written by, like, the gay Raymond Carver

And it lasted, okay?
It lasted a long time

Because we, we guys
We, and I hate to say community here
But yes, the gay community

Doesn't do well
With symbols

With symbolical gestures

Or, like, symbolism
Like--what's the word I'm looking for here?

It's like we don't play the rules, you know?

Especially not here

Maybe on the East Coast

--That's where you're from, right?

Yeah, maybe, like, on the East Coast
They still uphold those old sort of antiquated hetero bullshit traditions
But here, we just say fuck it, man

Just fuck it, you know?

Like, just fuck

Just have a good time

It doesn't mean you can't find love
Or you can't be happy

Or that you can't do bumps on Saturday night
Then take your kids to the park on Sunday

People live complicated lives
Why say that complication prevents us
From achieving our dreams?

It's built into us
This complication

And the funny thing is
Once you embrace it
Once you accept it
It's not complicated

I mean, it is and it isn't
But it isn't

Suddenly it IS simple

You've been wanting simple
And you get it, you do
You get it

And it's all in accepting
That noting means anything

Real emotion--love

That's like--that's not a kiss, you know?

Fuck that

That's not love

Love is the first time you clean shit
Off your baby's ass

That's love

Love is cleaning up the puke off the bathroom floor
When the person you're engaged to
Is sick from chemo
Because she's rotting from the inside out
With cancer

Love is deep, so much deeper
Than like, lips and tongues
And dicks and pussy
And whatever else, you know?

Sorry, am I bothering you?

I go off like this
I don't censor myself
You know?

Again, that East Coast sort of Catholic
Like self-hating thing you got

You got to get rid of that

Be open

Be open to what's here

That's what I'm trying to tell you

Make it your mantra

Nothing means anything

Okay?

Say it

Nothing
Means
Anything

So let's just get out of here

Let's just go back to wherever you're staying
Because right now I'm in between places
So I'm sort of staying with my aunt
Which is a whole big thing
I won't get into
But--

Let's just go to where you are
And we'll--

You know, we'll have fun

We'll really have fun

I'll show you what West Coast living is, all right?

You're going to love it, man

I'm telling you

You're gonna fucking love it

No comments:

Post a Comment