Monday, December 12, 2011

Mom Says You're Fat

I didn't want to tell you this
But Mom says you're fat

I heard her talking to Aunt Kate
And she says you're fat
And she doesn't know
WHAT she's going to do about it

And I didn't want to tell you
But then I thought I had to
Because if I were fat
I'd want somebody to tell me

Mom says I take after her
And that's how come I'm so skinny
Skinny skinny skinny
And that's how come I can be a ballerina
When I grow up
And you have to be a scientists
Because scientists are fat
And ballerinas are beautiful
And I feel bad for you
My poor, fat sister the scientist

I'm not being mean to you, you know
Some people might hear me talking
And say--What a mean sister!
But Mom says she's concerned
So I'm concerned too
Everybody's concerned
And nobody's being mean

We're just concerned
About how fat you are

Don't you feel concerned about it?

How can you not?
Don't you know how fat you are?

Don't you feel it?
It must feel very bad

You should start thinking about it more
Because if you don't
You're only going to keep getting fatter
And eventually you'll just explode
And then I'll be very sad
And so will Mom

That's probably why she's talking to Aunt Kate
She probably thinks you're going to explode
And she wants to stop it
But she doesn't know how
Without tell you and making you feel bad

But you don't feel bad
You just said so
You don't feel bad or fat
Or anything

So I should tell her
That she should just tell you
Because I've already talked to you

See?  I did a good deed
I saved you

Well, I guess that's what sisters are for

No comments:

Post a Comment