Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wherever You Are

Wherever you are
I'll find you

If I have to move
I'll move

If I have to pray
I'll pray

If I have to throw a thousand coins
In a thousand fountains
Or a thousand wells
I'll do it

Sometimes I lie here
And I'm convinced I keep myself breathing
Just by repeating this promise
Until I make myself believe it

Sometimes I think it's a lie
But I keep it
I keep saying it

If you say something hard enough
You can make just about anything
Sound like the truth

I have this vision
This, like, whatever
That I'm walking
Walking, like, down a fuzzy
Yellow landscape
A road, I guess
And it's hot
And I'm thirsty
And I'm pushing myself
Because I'm convinced
I'm convinced that I'm walking towards something
I'm convinced that I'm walking towards you
Wherever you are
And I think to myself
That it's good that it's difficult
That it's good that it's hard
Because it means it's going to result something
Something good
It means that I'm going to find you
That at the end of the road
There will be you

I don't know when all that's going to happen
And it's hard when you don't know
When you don't know anything

A name, what you look like
What I should be looking for
Anything that can tip me off
That can help me
So I know which road is the one
I should be walking down

But I tell myself I don't need to know
I don't need to know right now

But sometimes it feels like I know too much
To believe it
To believe any of it

And I believe it anyway

I guess that's what they call
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment