Thursday, January 2, 2014

Don't Judge a Pool By Its Water

What time is it on the East Coast?
Does anybody know?

Bunch of fucking waste
Bunch of fucking WASTE of my time

Having you all here
And get in the pool

Will somebody please get
In the goddamn pool?

I just had the damn thing refilled
And you're all standing around
Swaying to music
That isn't even fucking playing

I sent the band home

The noise was--

Well, I guess when you start referring to 'music' as 'noise'
Therein lies the problem

They were hot
They were on the cover of Spin
And they cost a fortune
But unfortunately
They were giving me a headache
So now we can make polite conversation
Can't we?

Of course we can

We're all civilized
Intelligent
Adults

Yes, I put my cigarette out in the pool
It's my pool
I can do what I want
That doesn't mean you can't swim in the pool
It's Olympic-size, for godsakes

You think a little cigarette ash
Is going to kill you?

Please

With the shit you've all been putting into your bodies
All night long?

You could bathe in turpentine
And you'd be no worse off

Get in the damn pool already
I'm sick of asking

You throw a party
A pool party
Back on the East Coast
Back where I'm from

It's freezing
It's fucking freezing
But I miss it, you know?
I miss...I don't know--seasons?

People say seasons
They say they miss the seasons
They miss having something
That lets them know
That life is going by
So they don't get, you know, stuck

So I've been kind of...
About being here

So I thought--
Well, I'll throw a party
A pool party

And then you all show up
And I have a band
And food
And drugs
And you eat the food
And you do the drugs
And the band sucks
And nobody
Is going
In
The pool

Now--

They have food back home
And bands
And, believe it or not
Pretty good drugs
And carbs
Which god knows
They don't have here
But what they do NOT have
Is
A pool

So this--needs to be--a pool party

So everybody needs to go into
The pool

Got it?

No, I  am not going into the pool
I don't need to go into the pool
I own the fucking pool
I've proven
Everything I need to prove

I just need to be near it
I just need to be near all of you
Enjoying
My pool

That way I know why I'm here

Does that make sense
To anybody
But me?

Is anybody hearing me right now?

Am I even talking?

AM I JUST SPOUTING NONSENSE?

HUH?

Huh?

...I....

.......I.......

......Well...

I guess it's a good thing
The only person listening
To me

Is me

What time is it?

It doesn't have to be the time here
Just--anywhere

Anywhere

Anybody know
The time?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. Swimmingpools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post but I was wondering if you could write a little more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks in advance! Ovalbecken

    ReplyDelete