Wednesday, January 15, 2014

July in Chicago

I'm hot
I'm fucking hot
I'm dying it's so damn hot
And I want to get out of here, okay?
I just want to get the hell out of here
I want to disappear out of here
I don't even want to have it take any time
I don't want there to be this process of leaving
I just want to go
And I want you to come with me

It's July
It's July and I'm...
I'm really sort of in this place
Where I'm not sure I'm making good decisions
But I think it must mean something
That I have a perfectly good life
And you have a perfectly good life
And I really want to do something
That will fuck up
Both of our perfectly good lives

Because I might love you
Maybe, who knows, I'm not sure
And I'd like to figure that out
But I sort of need you to do that
You know, for that to happen
And--

Oh, is that Chris?
Is Chris awake?
Hi Chris
HI CHRIS
By the way, Chris, all this time
When I've been like--like we're buddies or whatever
Please, give Chris this message
Write it down for him even, if you would
Um, Chris, all this time when I've been attempting to be friends with you
I feel like you've just been a dick to me
Like, a secret dick with this smug little smirk
And, um, you're fat, Chris
You're a fat fuck
And, um, cover your ears for this, okay?

Chris, I fucked your sister
Like, last year, when I decided I didn't like you
I fucked your sister
And it was lousy
You can uncover your ears for that part
You can hear that part
It was lousy
Because Chris's sister, like, I would imagine, Chris
Doesn't try very hard
At anything

Tell him all that, if he's up
And then pack a bag
And get the fuck out of there
Because down at the diner
Two blocks from you
Sitting in a booth
By himself
On his cell phone
Is someone who's trying
Who's going to try

I can't say I'll make you happy
But I'll try
I'll try so damn hard
I'll try, I really will

It's the best I can say
But I think it's worth coming down for
And it's hot
It must be so damn hot up there
Why don't you come down, huh?
Come down here
Come talk to me
Just talk and if you...

If you just talk to me, I...

I...

Well, okay, but...
It is hot, isn't it?

It's so fucking hot

No comments:

Post a Comment