Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ahead

Ahead is the place
You gonna stay in the car?

You wanna come in
You can come in

I'm only gonna be a minute

What?

You don't want to come in?

Or you want me to get you something?

J. said he's got that stuff you like too
I can get you some
I got paid this week

What?

Fuck

Why do you do this?

Why do you do this
When we're pulling up
So I gotta stay in here
And talk to you
While J. stares at us
From out the window
Wondering what the fuck is going on

We do this every week
What's the problem?

Fuck, you know
If you're not going to talk
Just keep driving, okay?

Drive around the block or something

I'm not going to argue with you
In front of J's house
Like we're some fucked up married couple

I'm not doing that, all right?

So just keep driving

Whoa, whoa
I didn't mean like, dive away
Like, drive around the block
Or something
But like, drive slow
We said we'd be there by eight
It's almost eight
I keep him waiting
He says 'Fuck it'
And we're fucked for the week

Look, just park over here, okay?
Just park the car
Just chill, all right?

Jesus, what the fuck?

Don't talk to me about quitting now
Okay, not the fucking time
Not the fucking time at all

We get in the car
We drive for an hour
For a fucking hour

Now you wanna quit?

I can't fucking quit

You can because you're made of fucking steel
And ice and titanium apparently
But I can't fucking quit, okay?

I'm not made of the stuff you are

I've been doing it longer
I do more of it
I get it for us
I take the risk
I got you on it
That's how fucking bad I am

So no, I can't quit

Quitting is not in the future for me, okay?

You wanna quit
Stop the car
And I'll get out
And I'll walk to J's house
And I'll get my shit
And I'll find a dumpster somewhere
I can crawl behind
Because I'm not fucking scared, all right?

I'm not fucking scared of anything
Except what's gonna happen
If you drive away right now
With me in this car
Like I know you're thinking of doing

Don't fucking do it, okay?

I'm not kidding

Don't

You wanna talk about this
We'll talk about it
But we're getting the shit first
Because I can't talk
I can't fucking think breathe whatever
Until we get that taken care of, okay?

So pull up ahead
Park
And let me get out

After that if you wanna drive away
You drive away

Just get me to the door first

I'll take it from there

No comments:

Post a Comment