Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What Makes You Feel So Young

So you feel young, huh?

Young again, all of a sudden

Is that what you're saying

I'm not surprised

Why wouldn't you feel young?

You've got no responsibilities
No priorities
No pressure

You walk out on your wife
And your kids

And you go around
Telling everyone
How great you feel

How you're a new man
Well, that part's right at least
You're a new man
Because you're sure as hell
Not the man
I married

And I'm sure you feel great
I'd feel great too
If I didn't have to worry about our kids
Or our house
Or being embarrassed
About myself
And the stupid shit I've done
And the fact that I've left my wife with everything

All my crap
All my bills
All my problems

Problems that used to be ours
Back when we were two adults
In this together
Back before you found someone
Who made you feel young

Meanwhile I still have to get up early
And not for school either
For work

Remember work?
Remember when things took work?

Because I have to work
I don't have the luxury of learning things
Before I do them

I don't have the luxury
Of getting thrills
From somebody half my age

I don't have the opportunity
To wake up one day
And decide that I can walk away

And even if I did have the opportunity
I'd die before I'd take it

I'd break my feet
Before I'd use them
To walk away
From my responsibilities

From my family

You feel young?

Great

Keep feeling young

Because the only thing I remember
About being young

Is that youth
Doesn't last
For long

No comments:

Post a Comment