Friday, January 27, 2012

A Bird in My Sky

Someone put a bird in my sky
And it ruined the sky
For a period of time

I was trying to paint the sky
And the sky dried up
For a short amount of time

Some of it fell
And some of it rained
And some of it simply disappeared

But the bird still flew
Through whatever was there
Not caring that it was ruining
My signature portrait

Because in my mind
I saw the sky
But I didn't see
A bird

In my  mind
The sky was clear

So when it rained
I had to wait
And once it was done
The night arrived
And then I went to bed

And when I woke up
The sky wasn't quite
What I remembered it to be

And every time
I'd get my mind
Around what I was seeing

A bird would fly by
And unsatisfy
The image out of being

Now, this isn't a poem
About art
Or artists
Or vision
Or inspiration
Or muses
Or sight

This is simply a poem
About a bird
Destroying a work of art
With little regard
For what that could mean

Because a perfect sky
Is an awful thing to ruin
Simply because you feel
The urge to fly

I suppose I could have just
Painted the bird
But that wasn't what I saw

At least
Not in my head

And I don't plan to start
Simply painting
What I see with my eyes

What's so original
About that?

No comments:

Post a Comment