Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Ongoing Significance of Steel and Flesh

When the robots learn to dance
Then I'll be scared

Then I'll run into the street
And ask for prayers

When I'm artificially aware
Of my not-so-organic intelligence
Then I'll ask you for advice
On how to rid my house of mice
And how to be more nice
And twice a day I'll let you reset me

I
Am a connected
Human
Being

And I don't see what's wrong with that
I don't see the problem
Or the issues
Or the ethics
Or the wrong ideas

I haven't seen my money
In years

All I see are numbers
Shown to me
On a computer screen

My food tastes like numbers
My clothes fit like numbers
My ears hear numbers when I dance

Yes, I still dance
Do the robots dance?

Because when the robots dance
I'll be worried
But right now
I'm drinking

I'm drinking to the new millennium
Not the one we're in

I'm over the one we're in
This millennium
In terms of culture
And consciousness
Was over two years before it started

I'm ready for the next thing
The next horizon, you know?

I'm ready to have poetry
Installed into my morning coffee

From now on
Living
And experiencing
Will be the same thing

Everything will have update potential
Blueberries will have update potential

In a few years
We'll have blueberries 2.0

And skin will be steel
And steel will be skin
And nobody will be able

To tell the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment