Thursday, January 12, 2012

You Don't Know Me Man

Hey, don't make comments at me, man
You don't know me, all right?

I don't make assumptions about you
Because you work here
And this is shit
This is a shit place to work

Fuckin' two-to-two gas station
In a bad part of town

Man, take your fuckin' finger
Off the alarm button

I'm wearing pajama pants
And a hoodie

Where the hell would I be keeping a gun?

My brother Chris tried robbing a place with his finger
And the store clerk knocked him out
With his fist

I'm not magical like Chris
My fingers don't shoot bullets
Not even blanks

I just don't like you making comments
About how much I smoke

Do I smoke?
Maybe I do
Do you?

Is it my business if you do?

No, it's not
It's not my thing to worry about

We all got to worry about our own shit, you know?

As soon as you start worrying about other people's
You're just asking for it
You know what I mean?

I could make comments about you, man
I could say all sorts of shit about you
But I don't

Because it's not my business
It's not my place
You see what I'm saying?

Where you're at
And where I'm at
May not be all that different

And I may be living in a mansion
For all you know
Because, see
You don't know shit

Millionaires love dressing like they're poor
Don't you know that?

I could be Bill Gates
And you'd be making comments
About how much I smoke
Because I didn't know
The cost of cigarettes
Went up

Well yeah, I didn't know
But that doesn't mean I smoke too much

And yeah, I need to borrow a dime
But that doesn't mean I smoke too much

And yeah I'm belligerent right now
But I'm also smart enough
To use the word belligerent
And use it correctly

And that shows I don't smoke too much

My brother smoked too much
And that's what got him in trouble

So do I smoke?

Maybe

Do I smoke too much?

Not as much as he smoked

There's your answer, man

Not as much as he smoked

No comments:

Post a Comment