Sunday, January 8, 2012

But It's Not His Fault

I roll my 'r's
And I bury my 't's

I waste my time
And I savor my waste

I can't read clocks
And I can't read books
And I can't read people
Or people's looks

The bruises on my arms
Won't disappear

But it's not his fault
It's not his fault

I watch tv shows I can't remember
I wrap gifts wrong
And I spoil surprises
And I draw attention
And when I can't draw
I drown

But it's not his fault
Not his fault at all

I've got a temper
And sharp teeth

Long nails
And bad habits

No money
And nothing to show
For having no money

I eat when I want
So I never eat

I'm sick all the time
So I never know
When one cold ends
And the other begins

My eyes go back and forth
Like those clickety-clacking balls
Rich business men
Who don't do anything all day
Keep on their desk
So they have something
To look at

But it's not his fault
Believe me
It's not his fault

The loneliness may be his fault
The cold bed
The dead plant
The empty fridge
The broken stove
The feeling that I'm surrounded and alone

At the very same time

But that's probably just me
Just me being me

And none of it
Is any of his responsibility

So please
If you're going to blame someone for me
Then just blame me

Because it's not his fault

I'm not
His fault

No comments:

Post a Comment