Monday, January 9, 2012

The Birthday Cake

No, no, no

It needs to say--

One second, please
One second

Hi Janice, Clint's on Line Two
He wants to know if the files
For the Coral Account is ready yet
And he--

One second, please
Hold on, Janice

Hi, yeah, listen
It needs to be a Destructo Man cake
And it needs to say--

Happy Birthday Teddy

Does anything you've done
Resemble that request
In any way?

You put a teddy bear on the cake?!?

Why would you--

One second, please hold

Hi Clint, I don't know if ALL the files are ready
But I think I heard her say
That she's made progress
On at least some of them
So basically I'm telling you
That we haven't done anything
But we've been attempting to look like
We've been doing things

Annnnnd please hold

Listen, can you make the teddy bear
Look like a little boy?

My son is fairly hairy
For a nine-year-old

On his head, I mean

Are you sure nothing can be done?

Well what does it say?

I'm sorry, but even if I planned
On throwing him a bar mitzvah
It certainly wouldn't be
Without the next week

So the teddy bear
Saying Mazel Tov
Just isn't going to cut it

Do you have a bar mitzvah cake lying around
That you could turn into a birthday cake?

Maybe one with a rabbi on it
That you could turn
Into Destructo Man
Or maybe a--

One second, please hold

Janice, you're fired
I realize I have no power to fire you
But somebody should
So it might as well be me

Clear out your desk
Or don't
I don't care
One second

--You know what?

I'll take the bar mitzvah cake

Just give the teddy bear
A really big gun

Can you do that?

Great

One second

Hi, Marjorie?

It's me

I'm going home early today
Janice has been fired
Clint is probably going to fire the company
And I have to go home
And convince my son
He's Jewish

I'll see you Monday

Bye

Ugh

Oy vey

No comments:

Post a Comment