Friday, January 6, 2012

Of Which We Are Capable

You'd be amazed at all the things
I'd do for you

You have no idea
None at all
What it is I'm capable of
Because of how I feel
For you

Please stop looking at me like that

Please stop looking at me
Like I've done something wrong

I haven't done anything wrong yet

That's not what this is
This isn't a confession
This isn't me telling you anything
That you shouldn't already know

Don't you know this stuff?
Don't you know how I feel about you?
Don't you know what I would do
For someone I care about?

Why are you still looking at me
Like I'm about to say something?

I'm not about to say anything
I'm just waiting for you to say something
So I can stop talking

Can you just say something
So that I can feel better
So I don't have to keep talking?

Can you just do that for me?

You know maybe I wouldn't have to talk so much
If you gave me anything
Anything
To work with here

If you showed the slightest sign
Of...

Of devotion, or...
Like, what people used to have
Like, when people loved each other
And that meant something
Like when they killed for each other

Would you do that for me?

Would you hurt someone for me?

Of course not
Because you're not capable

No, I know you're going to tell me
That you love me

And I know that
I'm aware of that

That's not the point
The point is--

You're not capable
Of doing what it takes
To make me happy

To give me what I want
To show me

You can't show me
Anything

It's not just about
Who we love
Or how much we love

But that of which we are capable

Capable of doing
For the ones we love

You can love me
From here to there to wherever
And when all is said and done
It doesn't matter
One damn bit

Because you
Have limited
Capabilities

And I don't

I don't

Stop looking at me

Stop trying to see
What it is
I've done

You don't know what I've done
And what I could do?

What I could have done?

That you can't even imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment